Breakfast is the first meal of the day, so it should be a healthy one. Many people skip breakfasts as they get busy doing other things. But one should understand how important it is to start your day with healthy breakfast foods. While you are asleep for 8-9 hours, the body continues its function and utilize all the energy which you have produces during the whole day. Having a healthy breakfast food can keep you an energetic full day. One should not skip breakfast as it may lead to overeating.
Some Of The Healthy Breakfast Food
• Egg- It is both healthy as well as delicious. It reduces the calorie intake of the whole day as it gives a feeling of fullness. Eggs also help to maintain insulin level in blood. It contains proteins, nutrients, etc.
• Cottage cheese- The level of protein is high in cottage cheese. It improves the metabolism rate. It decreases the level of hunger hormones in the body.
• Fruits- It is a rich source of vitamins, fibers, nutrients, and potassium. It fills the stomach because of fiber and water content. It also contains antioxidants which fight with germs and viruses and prevent disease.
• Protein shake- A glass of protein shake is the best kind of breakfast. It gives a high amount of protein and less number of calories. It reduces the appetite for the next meal.
• Coffee- Its a perfect beverage to start your day. Because of caffeine, it helps a person to be alert and stay active the entire day. It improves the process of fat burning. Coffee contains antioxidants, which reduces inflammation in the stomach. It helps in controlling diabetes and liver disease risk.
• Oatmeal- It has fiber which lowers cholesterol. These are rich antioxidant which controls blood pressure.
• Nuts- They are filling and help to maintain weight also. They are a rich source of magnesium and potassium. They are tasty and nutritious food.
along with the above-mentioned breakfast food items, there is a lip-smacking healthy breakfast recipe mentioned below for your perusal.
Oatmeal Porridge Recipe
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup of water
- 1.5 tbsp oil
- One onion(chopped finely)
- 1/2 cup mix vegetables(carrot, peas, etc.)
- 1-2 green chili
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Coriander for garnishing
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp finely chopped ginger
- Pinch of asafetida
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp mixed lentils
- Turmeric powder
- Roast oats in a pan for 5 minutes until it get crisp.
- Keep it aside to cool.
- Heat the pan with oil and add cumin, mustard seeds, lentils
- Fry them gently.
- Add asafetida, ginger, chilies and curry leaves.
- Fry till curry leaves turn crisp
- Add chopped onions and mix it till onion change into golden.
- Put vegetables and fry for 2 minutes
- Add little water and cover it till vegetables are done.
- Now, add turmeric and salt.
- Add water and boil it.
- Add oats and mix it gently.
- Cover and cook on low flame until moisture is evaporated.
- Add lemon juice. And garnish with coriander.
Your healthy oatmeal porridge breakfast is ready. The recipe is not only easy and quick to make but is also a powerhouse of energy.