Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are integral parts of everyday life. Having a filling and balanced food is essential for both body and mind. But, any meal seems incomplete without a tasty dessert in the end. However, the sugar content of the dessert is not liked by many fitness freaks. So, the need for some healthy recipes for desserts arise. These healthy recipes are easy to make and also provide many additional nutrients to the body.
Rice Krispy Treats With Peanut Butter
These Krispies are gluten-free and vegan. Apart from that, this can also be a post-workout snack. For that, add half a cup of protein powder to it.
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp essence of vanilla
- A pinch of salt
- 4 ounces pieces of dark chocolate(85% dark)
- 3 cups rice Krispies of brown rice cereal
Steps To Prepare
- Take an 8*8 baking pan and cover the insides with parchment paper. In a medium-sized pan, heat the coconut oil, vanilla essence, peanut butter, and honey. And on a low flame, cook for about a minute.
- Then add the rice Krispies and combine the ingredients thoroughly. After the mixture is prepared, transfer it to the baking pan. Spread the mixture evenly.
- Now for the topping put the dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt the chocolate in the double boiler. After that, coat the top of bars entirely with the chocolate topping.
- Let it cool for some time in a refrigerator. Take the try out and cut it into small cubical bars.
Healthy Oat Cookies
This recipe of oat cookies is full of nuts, dried fruits, and coconut. And it gives a delightful and rich taste with lots of nutrients.
- ½ cup wheat flour
- ¼ cup plain flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ tsp powdered cinnamon
- A pinch of salt(kosher)
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup grated coconut
- ½ cup nuts preferably walnuts
- ¼ cup raisins
- one-fourth cup dried tart berries
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Keep the oven on preheat at 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Now take a bowl and combine sugar, cinnamon, salt, and the flours. Then add coconut and oats to the mixture. Moreover, fold in the pumpkin seeds, nuts, dried berries, and raisins.
- Melt honey and butter in a pan. Now add the mixture of hot water and baking powder in the pan. This will make the mixture frothy.
- Make 15-16 equal round balls of the cookie mix. Arrange the balls separately on the baking sheet. Then suppress the balls to make discs of ½ inch thickness. Bake for 16 to 17 minutes until golden brown.
Desserts can even alter a gloomy day into a bright and beautiful one. And some healthy recipes save the person from compromising with these rich and sweet taste. The task is as simple as switching the ingredients with their healthier alternatives. Furthermore, the recipes are easy to make, takes less time, and ingredients are also readily available. So, what’s better than having something sweet to eat without worrying about the extra calories or adverse effects of it.