For overall growth and well-being, a balanced and healthy diet is essential. Therefore it becomes a necessity to consume healthy meals often. However, the idea that healthy meals are not easy to make is a complete misconception. Furthermore, it is easy to make healthier versions of every dish with a few efforts and proper recipes. And for kids, it is highly recommended never to skip breakfast. The energy requirements for the whole day are taken from it. But sometimes, kids can be fussy about eating their meals. In such cases, cooking a bright, beautiful, and delicious dish makes the task easier.
Healthy Meals For Breakfast
Here are given some recipes for easy, delightful, and healthy meals. Kids, as well as adults, love these.
Ham And Cheese Scramble
- Eight eggs
- 1 tsp seasoning or chili sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp butter or vegetable oil
- 3 ounces deli ham(sliced)
- A barbecued red pepper
- Three chives
- 2 ounces of cheddar (1 ½ or 2 years old)
- 2 tbsp blended cottage cheese
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with sauce and a little bit of water. Then add the seasonings according to the taste.
- In a non-stick pan, heat oil to cook the ham on a medium flame. Now shallow fry the ham for 2 to 3 minutes till the edges turn golden brown.
- Put the red pepper onto the pan and sauté for another minute.
- After that, transfer the mixture of eggs into the pan to combine the ingredients. Cook and stir for 2 minutes to get a soft and delicate texture of the eggs.
- And a healthy meal to start the day is ready.
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup diced brazil nuts
- 1 cup diced walnuts
- ½ cup mixture of seedless raspberry jam and orange marmalade
- ¼ cup molasses sugar
- ¼ cup light treacle
- Six baked rolls
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp whipping cream
- Take a baking pan of 9 inches and cover it with parchment paper. Preheat the oven on 400 degrees. In a separate pan, heat the molasses, butter, walnuts, marmalade and light treacle over medium flame. Then let it bubble for a little while.
- After that, transfer the prepared mixture to the baking pan. Arrange the rolls on top of the syrup.
- Bake the dish for around 15 to 20 minutes until the rolls are properly cooked. Take out the pan and let it cool for 10 minutes. To unmould, transfer the contents reversibly on the plate.
- Moreover, make the glaze by whisking together sugar, cream, and vanilla essence. Pour it evenly onto the rolls.
With ever-increasing body issues, there is a need to switch to healthy meals. Both nutrition and exercising are essential for higher efficiency and body fitness. Moreover, kids are the future of the world. Therefore, the kind of food they eat is of utmost priority to the parents. So, switch to a diet with no or less processed foods and more home-cooked and healthy meals.