Generally, it is said that breakfast and dinner are the essential meals of the day. But the importance of lunch cannot be avoided. It provides all the energy required to keep the person going throughout the day.
Apart from the nutritious benefits, having a healthy lunch at the work-space also uplifts the mood. Suggesting healthy lunch ideas to your friends is a great way of socializing.
Having meals on time also improves digestion and eliminates unhealthy snacking. Let us see some of the lunch recipes below.
Healthy Lunch: Roasted Veggie Skillet
It is one of those healthy lunch recipes which take just 15 minutes to make. Moreover, it is easy to incorporate any vegetable in it.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups of diced mix vegetables like onions, bell pepper, and squash
- Freshly minced garlic
- Two large eggs
- Salt and pepper
Steps To Prepare
- Preheat the broiler and chop the vegetables at the same time.
- Pour some oil in a small baking skillet.
- Transfer the chopped vegetables into the skillet and add garlic with other seasonings. Combine them well.
- Put the skillet in the broiler and cook for 2 minutes. Take out and mix the veggies. Then again broil for 2 minutes.
- Take it out and add two eggs on top of veggies. Don’t mix the eggs. Let it cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
Healthy Lunch: Spinach Cake With Parmesan
It is one of the unconventional and healthy lunch recipes with the goodness of spinach. Furthermore, the unique combination of spinach, garlic, and Parmesan gives a heavenly touch to the meal.
- 12oz spinach
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- Two big eggs(whisked)
- One minced garlic clove
- ¼ tsp of salt and pepper
- ¾ cup of grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven at 400°F.
- Finely chop the spinach and add cheese, Parmesan, eggs, and seasonings. Combine all the ingredients nicely.
- Take a muffin pan and grease it with cooking spray. Now pour the mixture into eight muffin cups. Then bake these cakes for around 20 minutes.
- Transfer onto a plate when it is warm. Garnish with some Parmesan while serving.
Rice Krispy Treats With Peanut Butter
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- A pinch of salt
- 4 ounces pieces of dark chocolate(85% dark)
- 3 cups rice Krispies of brown rice cereal
Steps To Prepare
- Take 8*8 baking pan and cover the insides with parchment paper. In a medium-sized pan, heat the coconut oil, vanilla essence, peanut butter, and honey. And on a low flame, cook for about a minute.
- Then add the rice Krispies and mix the ingredients thoroughly. Once the mixture is prepared, transfer it to the baking pan. Spread the mixture evenly.
- Now for the topping put the dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt the chocolate in the microwave. Or use a double boiler to melt the chocolates. Then coat the bars with the chocolate topping.
- Transfer the pan to the refrigerator. Let it cool for about half an hour. Take the tray out and cut it into small cubical bars.
Just like breakfast and dinner, it is not advisable to skip lunch as well. Whether you are working or still a student, a break from all the workload is refreshing and essential. And having some healthy lunch ideas comes in handy in such cases.In conclusion, having a colorful and delightful meal will recharge you.