It is often believed that only a vegetarian diet can provide all the necessary nutrients required for the body. Many think in order to lead a healthy life, one needs to become a herbivore. Well, it is not true. There are lots of health benefits of non-vegetarian food. Non-vegetarian food is a rich source of many healthy nutrients. A non-vegetarian diet also contains healthy food. Healthy food for non-vegetarian people includes meat, chicken fish, etc. Moreover, that provides all essential nutrients required for the proper functioning of the body.
Examples Of Healthy Food For Non-Vegetarians
- Lean Meat- Meat is a source of protein, vitamin E, B, and zinc. It is suitable for the body. White meat is usually considered as more lean. An example of leanest meat includes boneless chicken and turkey. These can be consumed frequently because of their health benefits.
- Beef and Pork– Both beef and pork are good sources of protein as well as rich in vitamins and minerals. Moreover, they are loaded with amino acids. The lean and tender cuts of pork are way healthier than chicken.
- Fish– Fish is a good source of heart-healthy omega3 fatty acid and usually are carbohydrates free. Salmon, sardines, and mackerel are fatty fish and give vitamin D.
Chicken Stay Salad Recipe
- One tablespoon tamari
- One teaspoon medium curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon powdered cumin
- Garlic clove 1 chopped finely
- One teaspoon honey
- Chicken breast fillets 2
- The peanut butter one tablespoon
- Sweet chili sauce one tablespoon
- Lime juice one tablespoon
- Sunflower oil
- Lettuce chopped in wedges 2
- Cucumber ½ cut into half and sliced
- Banana shallot cut into half and chopped
- Coriander chopped
- ½ Pomegranate seeds
- Put tamari and mix it with curry powder, cumin, garlic, and honey. Combine well. Cut chicken breast in half to make four fillets. Add them to the marinade and combine well to coat. Keep it in the fridge for at least 1 hour and let the flavors get into the chicken.
- In the meantime, combine peanut butter with chili sauce, lime juice, and one tablespoon of water to make a thin paste. In a large pan, add little oil. Put chicken and let it cook for 5-6 minutes on medium flame and turn the fillets and cook till moist.
- Till the time chicken is resting, mix lettuce wedges with cucumber, shallot and coriander, and pomegranate seeds and stack onto plates. Put little sauce. Cut the chicken, put salad remaining sauce on top. Enjoy while the chicken is still warm.
Fish Parcels With Romesco Sauce And Vegetables Recipe
- Whitefish fillets 2
- Lemon slices 4
- Thyme sprigs 2
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Cauliflower ½ chopped in wedges
- Spring onions 10
- Sourdough bread one slice
- Red chili 1
- Garlic cloves 2 chopped
- Almonds 10 washed-out
- Ready roasted red pepper 2
- Tomato 1 (properly peeled)
- Sherry vinegar ½ teaspoons.
- Heat oven at 180 degrees C. Keeps fish fillet on a big piece of baking parchment paper. Keep a few lemon slice and sprig of thyme on the top of each fish. Sprinkle one teaspoon of oil and season. Cover the top edges of the parchment paper to make a seal. Bake the parcels for almost 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, steam cauliflower for about 4 minutes and then add spring onions. Cook for about 3 or 5 minutes till soft. Now cook vegetables in oil and sprinkle salt and pepper. Grill the bread pieces in remaining oil and add chili and garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Blend nuts, pepper, tomato, and vinegar till a smooth paste is formed. Add salt as per the taste and put it to one side.
- Heat the pan. Put cauliflower crush and spring onions and cook for few minutes till each side turn brown. Serve together with fish and sauce.
Non-vegetarian diet has typically chicken, eggs, meats, and fish. These are considered healthy food as they are rich in proteins and helps in increasing the overall stamina of the body.