The feeling of an individual growing inside you is beautiful. The body changes both physically and emotionally during pregnancy. However, it comes with a certain amount of uneasiness.
Symptoms like morning sickness and nausea are quite common. Therefore, it is advisable to implement healthy breakfast ideas for pregnant women. As these will help not only with the nutritional demand of the body but also cheers up the mood. There is a range of healthy breakfast ideas that are vegan and gluten-free also.
Some Healthy Breakfast Ideas
Healthy Breakfast Ideas: Apple Pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp brown rice flour
- 1 tsp sweet soda
- Two eggs
- 1 cup of fresh milk
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 2 tsp honey
- One grated apple
- 60 g raisins
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Now use a hand blender and mix eggs, milk, and honey in a separate bowl.
- Then mix the contents of both bowl and whisk to make batter for pancakes. Add the raisins and also mash apple with a fork inside this.
- Put a non-stick pan over medium flame and add some oil. Take around ¼ cup of batter and pour it on the pan. Spread it evenly.
- Cook for about 2 minutes on each side till it turns golden brown. Transfer on a plate and pour some honey on top and serve.
Gluten-free And Vegan Vegetable Congee
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 4 cups of water or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp ginger
- ½ cup sliced and dried mushrooms
- ½ cup mix of dried porcini, honey fungus, charcoal burner, chanterelle, and black trumpet
- One sweet potato
- 2 cups of chopped kale
- Vegan kimchi
- Tamari sauce
- Chilli oil
- Wash the rice properly and drain the excess water. To cook rice, add rice, ginger and vegetable broth in a large pot . Let the water boil and then turn the flame to simmer. Keep on stirring once in a while but cover the pan.
- Simultaneously, put the dried mushrooms in lukewarm water and let it soak for a while. In the meantime, cut small cubes of sweet potato. Chop the kale removing any hard parts.
- After 45 minutes, add the soaked mushrooms to the congee. Then add the mushroom water. Now, mix the sweet potato as well. Put the lid on and cook for some time. Keep stirring occasionally.
- Now add the kale leaves and let it boil for 30 minutes.
- Before serving, add some toppings like tamari, kimchi, chili oil or scallions. A healthy and colorful congee is ready.
Pregnancy is beautiful, yet it can be strange sometimes. The hormonal changes make the mother cheerful as well as overwhelmed. And the body also change drastically. However, healthy breakfast ideas help in solving these problems. Starting the day with a heavy and nutritious meal calms down the mother and gives required energy for the rest of the day.